Use the power of running to make a difference in the life of a girl: become a SoleMate! You’ll be able to achieve your personal dream of running a 5k, half or full marathon--or any other athletic endeavor--while making a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of girls across the Greater Milwaukee area.
Join SoleMates Today!
SoleMates is the charity running program of Girls on the Run of Greater Milwaukee. Committed SoleMates (female and male) pursue individual athletic goals while raising money for Girls on the Run of Greater Milwaukee, inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident.
In Return for Your Support You Receive:
- Your own easy-to-set-up online fundraising page to which family and friends can donate
- GOTR t-shirt and Welcome Packet upon registering
- Inspirational emails from GOTR to keep you motivated, including fundraising suggestions and training tips
- Special VIP opportunities
- A sense of pride from making a difference in the lives of GOTR girls!
I'm ready! How do I Get Started?
***Run the Bank of America Chicago Marathon***
Currently FILLED, check back after November 29 as we may get some additional charity bibs for our council. Questions, please email [email protected]
As a team member for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, you will also receive all of the following team benefits:
- Guaranteed entry into the race!
- Girls on the Run to cover your entry fee (if used a guaranteed entry)!
- Free Summer Marathon Training with CARA or CES!
- Ongoing fundraising support!
- Team workshops and gatherings!
- A Nike team running top!
- Free Cheer Squad Shirts for your friends and family to wear on race day!
- Free entry to the Squeez’d Girls on the Run 5k Presented by Mariano’s!
- A VIP race weekend experience including a pre-race pasta pasty and a private indoor race day “home base” with food, refreshments and INDOOOR BATHROOMS only blocks away from the start with athletic trainers onsite to provide post-race stretching, breakfast, lunch, and a private gear check!
- A free Chicago Athletic Clubs membership to the first five team members to raise $2,000, and so much more!
You will also receive SPECIAL VIP benefits from the GOTR of Greater Milwaukee council.
Other Opportunities to be a SoleMate
1. *** Badgerland Striders-South Shore Half Marathon**
More details coming soon. Email [email protected] for questions.
2. ***Choose Your Own Race***
Do you have another race in mind? No problem!
Your SoleMates Registration fee ($25) includes:
*Personalized fundraising page
*SoleMates tech shirt & welcome package with GOTR branded merchandise
*Extra motivation while training for your event-- that you are doing it for a reason--to change the lives of girls in our community!
Please Note: All GOTR SoleMates agree to fundraising minimum ($200 unless you are Lakefront Marathon SoleMate which is $500 minimum) on or before 30 days after their chosen race.
A GOTR SoleMate
Photo Above: One of our awesome SoleMates and dedicated GOTR Coach. Heidi notes as a GOTR SoleMate, " Fundraising for GOTR was so inspiring....each mile knowing a special girl will receive a pair of running shoes."
Questions/Need More Information?
Please email Jenny Marsch at [email protected].